Friday, August 17, 2012

Going to the big leagues


Here's the sort of email that gets me pretty stoked:


Hello,

You have been granted a National Team reserved start spot for the Norway Downhill World Cup.

Please email me back and let me know if you would like to accept this start spot. 

If you don’t already have a USA National Team jersey (from last year or this year made by Barbedo Sports) then let me know what size DH jersey you are and I’ll get one out to you.  You will be required to wear this jersey during your timed run/qualifying run and your final run.

Finally, I’ll need to know the name, address and phone number of the hotel you will be staying at for the event in order to get you registered so send that over to me asap.

Let me know if you have any questions and if you wish to accept this start spot,

Marc Gullickson
Mountain Bike & Cyclo-Cross Program Director
USA Cycling






The above country flag still sucks, but I like their color choice. Some stars and some horizontal stripes would be a huge improvement, though.

Junior phenom Kevin Littlefield looks like he's going, so it should be a pretty good showing. Obviously I'm stoked out of my mind right now.


-Chaz

1 comment:

Lloyd said...

Remember, Scandinavians love death metal and growing beards. It should feel just like a weekend trip with Patrick.